Some well-known modules that allow you to use a Perl Zip file
These sites are FOR SALE: miscperlinfo.com, mpihowto.com!
If you are interested, please use my Contact page.
The Perl Zip file format is a very comfortable way to compress your data in an archival format.
The archives in ZIP format have the extension ".zip" and the MIME media type application/zip.
In Perl language you can use a variety of modules which provide an interface to Zip archive files.
We will present below two well-known modules that allow you use a Perl Zip file.
1. The Archive::Zip Perl module
Developed by Adam Kenneddy, you’ll find this module at CPAN, from where you can download it accessing the page:
Archive::Zip Perl module
Archive::Zip supports only uncompressed members, and compressed members that are compressed using the compression supported by Compress::Zlib (deflated and stored members).
The examples provided by the module author will help you integrate it in your Perl applications. Through the main features of the module, we mention:
- find out the size of Zip file before creating it
- copy one Zip file to another
- extract file(s) from a Zip
- make and mail a zip file
- use IO::Scalar as the source of a Zip read
- self-extracting Zip
- use Archive::Zip::Tree to unzip an entire Zip
- read/modify/write a Zip
- update a Zip in place
- show how to use IO::Scalar/String as the destination of a Zip write
- construct a Zip file
- test file integrity of a Zip file
- print out information about a Zip archive file
- search for text in Zip files
- list a Zip file and checks member CRCs
- put recent files into a zipfile
- add, extract and update a directory/tree
2. The Chilkat
This module for Perl Zip file format is only available for Microsoft Windows computers and can be downloaded by accessing the link:
Chilkat Perl module - for Perl ZIP file format
Chilkat's Perl module is fully-functional for a 30-day trial period. We summarize here some of the most important features of the module:
- directory tree Zip
- use memory to append entries to a Zip file
- use memory to create or open Zip archives
- create self-extracting Zip with or without interfaces, options to specify a pre-defined unzip directory and an auto-run file, embedding zips in your exe
- password-protected Zip files
- use a filename pattern to unzip
- discard path information and append a path prefix when zipping
- handle Unicode filenames
- provide in-memory access to compressed or uncompressed data
- set exclusion patterns when zipping
- unzip only files that are newer if necessary
- read/write comments within a Zip
- read/write Zips with WinZip-compatible encryption
- create or decompress the .gz file format
- create or decompress the .Z file format using LZW compression for UNIX systems
and much more…
Enjoy your zipping/unzipping coding in Perl scripts!
Perl ZIP File
Image Magick Perl
return from Perl Modules to Home Page